The Canadian suburbs are dizzying and so is its latest. Chastity is a project out of Whitby Ontario by Brandon Williams and gang. Whitby has trailer parks and Whitby has luxury cars. Similar is the juxtaposition of the project both melodic and chaotic, an outfit of songs bread out of boredom worn by its middle class kids. In the short year and a half from releasing its only existing songs online, Chastity has emerged into a youth culture for youth without one, having shared the stage with Chelsea Wolfe, Protomartyr and White Lung.
"A gigantic burst of noise worthy of instant attention. Fierce would be an understatement. One of Canada's Brightest New Prospecsts"
"Becoming an anthem for Suburban Dysphoria"
"Think new millennial Smashing Pumpkins and you're in the right lane"
"After releasing the raucously energetic tape last year and sharing the stage with notable acts, including Dilly Dally and Chelsea Wolfe, Chastity has traded their distorted guitar for maudlin strings on their latest track, "Peroxide".
- march 14 - swedish american hall - san fransisco california*
- march 16 - mississippi studios - portland oregon*
- march 17 - barboza - seattle washington*
- march 18 - barboza - seattle washington*
- march 19 - the cobalt - vancouver british columbia*
- march 20 - carport manor - abbotsford british columbia
- march 24 - lourice’s - oakville ontario
- april 21 - the great hall - toronto ontario
- may 4 - the casbah - hamilton ontario
- may 5 - call the office - london ontario
- may 6 - the baby g - toronto ontario
- may 9 - shea stadium - brooklyn new york
- may 10 - smiling moose - pittsburg pennsylvania
- may 11 - the loving touch - detroit michigan
- may 12 - beat kitchen - chicago illinois
- may 25 - the red dog - peterborough ontario
- may 26 - zaphods - ottawa ontario
- may 27 - turbo haus - montreal quebec
* with fucked up